Sunday, October 17, 2010

Here's a funny story...

Yesterday, about 5 after noon, my wife got a call from her mom, who wished my daughter a fun time at the poster-painting session she'd signed up for. My wife immediately sprang into action, yelling down to me and my daughter to get going, we were late. The school where the activity was going on was 5 minutes away, so we hopped on our scooters and zoomed over.

No prob; she got set up quick w her paints and poster, and soon was immersed in the task at hand.

So I said, "Can I go or do you want me to stay?"

"You can go," she said, while working, "but I'd like you to stay."

She's a really good artist and doesn't need daddy's help much at all anymore. So I must say, I was flattered. And I stayed.

Soon, I got bored, tho. Hey, she wasn't letting me even fill! So I pulled out my FlashHarp and started playing around, quietly, while the kids worked. There wasn't any other music playing in the gym, so it was fine. Not obnoxious.

After awhile a very nice lady inquired about my playing. And I said, no, i wasn't a professional. Just play for fun. "but I do make this, too," I said, holding out my FlashHarp.

She was fascinated. Even more, her husband plays harp, she said, and he's got a birthday right around the corner. Plus day after that, a 10 year anniversary.

Few minutes later, I was back on my xootr zooming home to put together a custom Plug 'n Play while she walked home for her checkbook.

When I got back to the gym with her gift, she was chatting away with my daughter, whose poster was now complete and looked fabulous.

There's a moral to this story somewhere, I think. At least, I sure hope there is ' cuz that was the most fun, natural sale I think I've ever made.

No comments:

Post a Comment